Skyfan Network Aviation, Online Communities, Startups, Web Apps
Skyfan Network (Netherlands)
Industry: Internet, Aviation, Travel
Cooperated as: Contractor
Contracted for: Backend and frontend development
Keywords: PHP (Kohana), MongoDB, Redis, MySQL, API’s, AngularJS, jQuery, Twitter Bootstrap, system integration
Skyfan Network is a Dutch startup aiming to create a multilingual social networking community for the aviation enthusiasts. They approached us with a request to create a prototype of such network.
We worked closely with the customer and their potential customers on gathering and analysis of the requirements. As a result we created a number of wireframes. Later we converted the approved ones into the visually appealing pages.
- Users can login using their Skyfan, Facebook or Google account. Currently only invited users can gain full access to the system.
- Multilingual user interface and content. User interface can be translated into several languages.
- User can filter on the languages of the content they understand and skip the rest. This is possible thanks to the ability to detect the language of the content before it is published.
- User can upload the photos.
- Semantic search through the photos. This is done thanks to the ability of the user to identify the objects shown on the photos (aircraft designation, type, operator, place, etc.).
PHP (Kohana Framework), MongoDB, Redis, MySQL, Rackspace Web Services, Amazon Web Services, AngularJS, jQuery, Twitter Bootstrap.
Project Duration6 months